How will switching to solar power benefit me?
- Financial Savings
Who doesn’t want to save money? With utility rates increasing by as much as 6% a year, now is the time to go solar. Blake Electric is here to provide clarity into the specific financial incentives associated with your location. Taking advantage of depreciation and tax credits can play a vital role in the return on your investment.
- Energy Independence
Take back control! Enjoy the independence of owning and controlling an electric power source located right at your home or business. No more utility rate increases, no more spikes in electricity rate charges during peak loads. In fact, some days you’ll be able to watch the meter spin backwards as your surplus of energy is fed back to the utility.
- True Investment
Make money in one of the safest investments available today. Like we say, Savings Today, Energy Forever! How about an annual return of 12% or more in savings you can count on?
- Our Economy
Support creation of great, skilled American jobs in a high growth industry. Your investment in solar energy supports American workers who live in our cities and towns building, designing and installing our systems.
- The Future
Do it for your kids, grandkids and thousands of animals, plants and other living creatures right outside your door. Investing in solar energy reduces your carbon footprint which reduces global warming and directly promotes the use of sustainable energy with no emissions or harmful side effects.
Current Iowa Solar Incentives
- State Tax Credit
Residential customers receive a 15% Iowa tax credit capped at $5000.00.
Commercial customers receive a 15% Iowa tax credit capped at $20,000.00.
- 30% Federal Tax Credit
Residential and commercial customers receive a 30% federal tax credit with no limit.
Commercial customers also qualify for accelerated depreciation.
Solar Electric (PV) Site Assessments
As Solar Electric Site Assessors, we will come to your location to perform an energy-use consultation and assess your property for its solar possibilities.
A solar site assessment includes the following:
- Researching your current energy usage
- Suggestions to reduce energy consumption
- Review the kinds of solar electric systems available and of interest to you (rooftop system, pole mount system, grid-tied, etc.)
- Identifying the ideal location for a system on your property
- Estimating your solar electric system’s costs and payback
- Identifying utility, state, and federal rebates available to you
- Estimating your solar electric system’s anticipated electricity production
- A personalized report summarizing all of the above
Solar (PV) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Have questions on Solar (PV)? Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Solar Electric Installations
We have experience installing both ground mount and rooftop photovoltaic systems. We will work with you to determine what type of system best fits your needs.
Blake Electric uses Journeyman and Master Electricians on all installations. Since solar (PV) work is electrical by nature using licensed, experienced electricians ensures that code issues, wire sizing, conduit runs and utility connections will be installed to the high standards demanded from our employees. Blake Electric assists with incentive applications and utility interconnection paperwork. Our goal is to offer a single source for the design, installation, and service of solar electric projects resulting in a more satisfying customer experience.
- DSIRE - Solar: Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) PV Watts online solar calculator
- Home Power magazine: energy solutions for your home
- Solar Energy Industries Association: get your elected officials on board